Home from my happy place on the island. Ahhhhh. It’s hard to believe that 3 weeks ago I was still in the hospital, and that I’m feeling so great now.
While I was gone I:
- Barely Knit (just about ten rows on my turquoise shawl)
- Was on the beach almost every weekday (tan!)
- Walked at least a mile every day on the beach
- Rode my bike at least 5 miles a day! The last day? 11 miles!
- Ate a ton of awesome BBQ
- Ate almost a ton of local shrimp & grouper
- Struck out on finding a local Chinese restaurant with decent food
- Did not go shopping ONCE!
- Relaxed, napped and did what I pleased!!
It’s all sort of been a blur!
We arrived home yesterday and our best plans to save some $$$ and not run the a/c were a bit thwarted! The temp in the house was 96 and since turning on our faithful cooling servant I haven’t seen it get below 80. Insert frown. Now, it HAS been over 100 almost everyday and 103 today. It seems like a good time to tell you I miss the 80′s and delightful island breezes. A LOT.
The photo below is of me and florist friend Emily immediately following the wedding of my niece. It was so beautiful. I don’t look half bad for 108 degrees and septic, who knew that 6 hours later I’d be in the ER?
I have SO MUCH to do I can’t seem to catch my breath. I was way behind the power curve when I left for vacation, now it just seems like a mountain to climb with bad shoes! I’ll get there; already crossed off my list is the grocery store, cleaning the house (it was beyond dirty and I never leave behind a dirty house, this time the rules had to be different!), the rest of it will follow along.